Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Sloop is in the Water!

We finally put our 17ft Paceship Peregrine Sloop in the water. It's tied up in front of our place as I type. I'd love to put a picture of it up online, but our digital camera apparently gave up the ghost within the past few days. Those freaking cameras work for maybe a year and then turn into paperweights. I'm tired of dropping $300 every year and a bit for fancy desk ornaments. We raised the jib sail for a brief time, but the wind was really whipping and the marina was full of boats, so we motored around for a bit and then heading towards our house. We'll break in the main sail this week when fewer people are out and about on the water.

I had a nice long rant about big Pharma and the flu vaccine all lined up, courtesy of a nice piece of propaganda from 60 Minutes I just watched...but I hit the old delete button. No need to beat a dead horse. If you can't see through all of the scare tactics/blatant lies, then I'm not going to convince you of the massive conspiracy which has overtaken the whole shebang.

I'll try to get my camera fixed, or maybe somebody can donate one to the cause. Catch ya'll later. We have a chilly week coming up around here, highs only in the 70's...


1 comment:

Holland NC 2010 said...

I am looking forward to the pictures - have you chosen a name for your sloop? How about a contest with the winner getting free board for a couple of days - maybe a space on your deck to roll out the sleeping bag... I am sorry to hear that the weather will be so crappy for you - only in the 70s? Hang in there - I had a hard time typing this because my fingers are so stiff from the Indiana autumn cold! Stay safe as you sail the open waters.